REQUIREMENTS TO RENT A HOME
Step 1. Print out & sign Screening Consent form, see link on the menu.
*Also, along with this form please email us two copies of your ID, one must be a copy of your photo ID that is government approved, like a Drivers License or Passport etc.
Step 2. Download & fill out rental application, on the menu, or call to get a copy emailed to you, or come in to our office.
Step 3. Pay screening fee. Fee is $45 per adult. Call or email us for added info.
INCOME REQUIREMENTS -
- Monthly household income should be equal to three (3) times the monthly rent. Exceptions may be granted with a good explanation. If monthly household income does not meet three (3) times stated monthly rent, additional funds may be required as a security deposit to ensure rent payments.
- A current paycheck stub will be required, and we may verify income over the phone.
- Some form of acceptable verifiable income will be required for unemployed applicants, such as those approved through Section 8, Military BAH allowance and/or alimony or child support.
- Self employed applicants will be required to provide proof of income by tax returns.
- Alternative income will be considered, such as child support, Section 8, alimony, SSI payments etc.
Verifiable employment is required either by check stub or written letter from employer.
- If unemployed and unable to verify some kind of income to pay rent, application will be denied.
- Added security may be needed for temporary or seasonal employees.
- Exceptions may be granted depending on a plausible reason, such as disability, Section 8, persons receiving payments with disabilities, SSI income etc.
Good credit is NOT actually required, if poor credit can be explained. Many people have poor credit these days. We are wary of credit bandits who simply do not pay their bills and show a history of non payments.
- Excessive collections will result in a denial.
- Outstanding unpaid debt to current or past property managers or landlords will result in denial.
- Any applicant with past evictions may be denied, but we will consider each carefully.
- Non payment of past Utility bills will not be a good thing and can result in a denial.
AUTOMATIC & OTHER DENIALS -
- Any criminal offense may result in denial, at discretion of property owner, depending on how old it is and the offence.
- Any collection filed by a property management company/landlord will result in denial.
- Any unlawful detainer action or eviction which has been within three (3) years results in denial.
- Any current 3 day notice will result in denial.
- Requirements upon move out; if you are on a month-to-month or your Lease has expired, when you do move out you must:
A. Give us a 20 day written notice that you will be moving out “prior to the 10th of any given month” per RCW Landlord Tenant Law.
B. Deposits are NOT allowed by Law to be used for payment of rent under any circumstances and is against the RCW law codes. Deposits are to cover any losses due to cleaning or repairs. Fees are non-refundable in all cases.
C. A move-out checklist shall be provided by landlord and cleaning is expected. Please see our Clean up on move out link to see what we expect when a rental is vacated. If these items are not clean, then we must hire a company to do this for us and your deposit will be effected.
D. If repairs are needed due to tenant neglect or misuse, then tenant is expected to effect these repairs or the cost will be billed to them if they exceed the deposit on hand.
AFTER YOU ARE APPROVED we need the following;
- Two forms of I.D., one with a picture must be with your application, if it is approved and you sign a rental lease. For those who apply totally online you can fax or email copies of ID.
- Renters need Six months of Verifiable residence history from a landlord, or ask for a waiver, which can be issued on a case by case basis if there are no screening issues.
- 1st time renters may be required to provide an additional refundable security deposit equal to half months rent, which shall be refunded after 12 months of successful rent payments without being late.
- Two (2) or more 3 day notices within a 12 month period, in the past, may result in denial.
- Two (2) or more NSF checks within a 12 month period, in the past, may result in denial.
- Rental history reflecting any unpaid past due rent, damages or Eviction, may result in denial.
- Rental history showing unpaid damages to a rental, will require additional security deposit and/or may result in denial.
- Rental history with disturbance complaints may be denied.
- You must acknowledge receipt or having read these booklets (linked at left): A. The Law of Real Estate Agency, regarding your rights. B. Lead Based Paint Brochure, for homes older than 1978. C. Mold in Your Home *Note: you need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view these documents. If you do not have this program you can download it free or contact us and we will email or mail you these brochures free of charge.