REQUIREMENTS TO RENT A HOME “Owners info below…”
BASIC TENANT REQUIREMENTS:
Step 1. Print out & sign Screening Consent form, see link on the menu.
*Also, along with this form please email us two copies of your ID, one must be a copy of your photo ID that is government approved, like a Drivers License or Passport etc.
Step 2. Download & fill out rental application, on the menu, or call to get a copy emailed to you, or come in to our office.
Step 3. Pay screening fee. Fee is $45 per adult. Call or email us for added info.
INCOME REQUIREMENTS -
- Monthly household income should be equal to three (3) times the monthly rent. Exceptions may be granted with a good explanation. If monthly household income does not meet three (3) times stated monthly rent, additional funds may be required as a security deposit to ensure rent payments.
- A current paycheck stub will be required, and we may verify income over the phone.
- Some form of acceptable verifiable income will be required for unemployed applicants, such as those approved through Section 8, Military BAH allowance and/or alimony or child support.
- Self employed applicants will be required to provide proof of income by tax returns.
- Alternative income will be considered, such as child support, Section 8, alimony, SSI payments etc.
Verifiable employment is required either by check stub or written letter from employer.
- If unemployed and unable to verify some kind of income to pay rent, application will be denied.
- Added security may be needed for temporary or seasonal employees.
- Exceptions may be granted depending on a plausible reason, such as disability, Section 8, persons receiving payments with disabilities, SSI income etc.
- Excessive collections will result in a denial.
- Outstanding unpaid debt to current or past property managers or landlords will result in denial.
- Any applicant with past evictions may be denied, but we will consider each carefully.
- Non payment of past Utility bills will not be a good thing and can result in a denial.
AUTOMATIC & OTHER DENIALS -
- Any criminal offense may result in denial, at discretion of property owner, depending on how old it is and the offence.
- Any collection filed by a property management company/landlord will result in denial.
- Any unlawful detainer action or eviction which has been within three (3) years results in denial.
- Any current 3 day notice will result in denial.
- Requirements upon move out; if you are on a month-to-month or your Lease has expired, when you do move out you must:
A. Give us a 20 day written notice that you will be moving out “prior to the 10th of any given month” per RCW Landlord Tenant Law.
B. Deposits are NOT allowed by Law to be used for payment of rent under any circumstances and is against the RCW law codes. Deposits are to cover any losses due to cleaning or repairs. Fees are non-refundable in all cases.
C. A move-out checklist shall be provided by landlord and cleaning is expected. Please see our Clean up on move out link to see what we expect when a rental is vacated. If these items are not clean, then we must hire a company to do this for us and your deposit will be effected.
D. If repairs are needed due to tenant neglect or misuse, then tenant is expected to effect these repairs or the cost will be billed to them if they exceed the deposit on hand.
AFTER YOU ARE APPROVED we need the following;
- Two forms of I.D., one with a picture must be with your application, if it is approved and you sign a rental lease. For those who apply totally online you can fax or email copies of ID.
- Renters need Six months of Verifiable residence history from a landlord, or ask for a waiver, which can be issued on a case by case basis if there are no screening issues.
- 1st time renters may be required to provide an additional refundable security deposit equal to half months rent, which shall be refunded after 12 months of successful rent payments without being late.
- Two (2) or more 3 day notices within a 12 month period, in the past, may result in denial.
- Two (2) or more NSF checks within a 12 month period, in the past, may result in denial.
- Rental history reflecting any unpaid past due rent, damages or Eviction, may result in denial.
- Rental history showing unpaid damages to a rental, will require additional security deposit and/or may result in denial.
- Rental history with disturbance complaints may be denied.
- You must acknowledge receipt or having read these booklets (linked at left):
A. The Law of Real Estate Agency, regarding your rights.
B. Lead Based Paint Brochure, for homes older than 1978.
C. Mold in Your Home
*Note: you need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view these documents. If you do not have this program you can download Adobe-Reader free or contact us and we will email or mail you these brochures free of charge.
Professional Management. We are a long time Licensed Real Estate Brokerage in the Puget Sound area, serving King, Pierce and North Thurston counties, we offer worry-free, full-service property management to property owners interested in leasing their home, condominiums, multi-family and commercial properties. If you are in the greater Seattle / Bellevue region, we will be glad to meet you at your property! Meetings at your home our office is easy from Tacoma, Puyallup, Ft. Lewis McChord Joint Bases in Lakewood. We cover University Place, Fife, Milton, Edgewood, Federal Way, Graham, Parkland and Spanaway plus other areas of Pierce County and the greater Seattle area, including Bellevue to Renton areas of King County of Washington State. We provide outstanding professional Landlord Solutions & Property Management services with a BBB A-rating.
- We provide property management services for home owners, Investors, Banks, Lien Holders and Institutions. We have the experience and flexibility to manage your home, Condo, duplex, apartment or a Multi-unit complex in a professional manner with maximum funding back to you. Providing property management and Landlord services for over 30 years.
- Read about our low standard rates, plus Multi-unit discounts. Nobody beats our prices when you consider hidden fees
that some companies charge….., but we expose most fees that others charge on our Fee Chart!
- Owner Testimonies – Karen Y. / Steilacoom, WA 1/3/2012
“My experience with BCI Properties in Tacoma has been excellent. Don, Emily and staff are friendly, detail-oriented and sincerely care about the work they do. I approached them in 2010 for property management of my small East Tacoma home after reading many excellent reviews and comparing services and costs of other property management companies in Tacoma. In no time my little house was occupied…”
See more at; Owner Testimonies.
- We will do the work for you, call us today! We have managed rental homes and properties for over 30 years and have a support team for all contingencies. We are licensed by the Washington State Department of Licensing in Olympia and are fully insured & bonded. We are members of our local MLS (Real Estate Multiple Listing Service), NARPM the National Association of Residential Property Managers, Olympic Rental Association and are A+ rated with our local BBB. To the left of this page is a link for an Owners Manual for property owners that will answer a lot of your questions, also you may wish to see our FAQ & Answers. Or call us from Mon-Friday 8am to 5pm at: (253) 531-1010 or (253) 531-2000 or (253) 531-2600.
- Best Fee & Services - GUARANTEED!
- Tenant move out clean-up – Unfortunately some tenants do not clean their rental properly on move out, and so we must hire a cleaning crew to go in and get the place back into rentable conditions. Our standards are high when it comes to keeping a rental clean in in good repair, however a nice clean rental will be expected by owners as well as the new renters who will be moving in next. Costs to clean up are billed to tenant. If they refuse or cannot pay, then naturally the owner must pay. When necessary we deduct the cost of clean up or repairs from the Tenant Deposit first before billing an owner. Tenants can also be sued for damages and/or sent to a Collection Agency as needed. Owners may do their own clean up if they prefer, however see our Clean Up requirements.
- FREE Advertising - Properties that are priced good generally rent out within two weeks or so with our free Ad/Media. We will advertise your home, apartment, condo/flat/loft, farm and commercial properties daily for FREE, until they are rented, at NO additional cost to you other than our basic management fee via one or our own many websites. We are also syndicated on many external websites such as Zillow, Craigslist, Trulia, Hotpads, Postlets, NWMLS, AHRN/Military relocation and others. Additional paid advertising is available by request.
A few of the Websites owned by BCI Properties, LLC include:
www.BCI-rent.com – under construction.
- Here are a few of the other websites that we use daily;
www.Zillow.com – Nationwide housing website.
www.Trulia.com – Nationwide Agent and Marketing site.
MerchantCircle.com – Ad link spot.
City-Data – Link to our rental site.
Active Rain – Info and link portal page leads to our rentals.
PLUS; SYNDICATION on hundreds of other media websites.
- We list your property on the MLS online FREE already, with exposure to over 4,000 local agents.
- EZ PAY – BCI Properties is pleased to announce a new option that allows you to have your funds electronically deposited to your bank account by utilizing Payment Service Network, the same company that processes the rent payments electronically for our residents. We can now send the funds electronically to you via your checking account and routing number. This is a free service to you. Once we process the deposit the funds will be electronically deposited to your account in two business days. When we set up your account, we will issue you a username and password to access your account. See details:
AutoPay with PSN – Payment Service Network processes at the highest level of security. Their Web Site is guaranteed secure using the latest 256 bit SSL encryption. This new option gives you the convenience of having the funds deposited into your bank account without you having to go to the bank.
- Why hire a Professional Property Manager? – Some owners do collect their own rent, handle the midnight calls for emergency maintenance, screen out the bad apples and search for the good ones, post notices when a tenant is late and process Evictions when needed…., but then find out later that they could have had a lot less headache, obtained more rent in most cases and often times wish they would have left the dirty work to a professional company which would have been well worth the small monthly fee. By RCW Law Code in Washington State, any person who collects rent or acts in any way as a Property Manager for another person must be licensed and Bonded for that purpose. Not just anybody will do. Avoid litigious tenants who are looking for a reason to sue you, hire a Professional PM Agency.
- What to do next -
1. Download and review the Property Management Contract…see step 2. We can email or mail you an original Contract without the watermark. *The watermarked copy can be used also if you like.
2. Fill out the required W-9 form, required by the Department of Revenue. Step 3.
3. Email or fax these documents to us, then contact us and request a New Account setup.
“See additional links on left side menu, as some added forms may be required. If you have existing tenants, we must have a copy of any Rental or Lease Contract you have, plus we must have any Deposit that was paid by tenant to hold in a Tenant Trust Account as required by Washington State RCW Law Code and Landlord Tenant Law. We will need to obtain a Landlord Key and.., of course we will answer any questions you have. Feel free to call us with any questions.” -Don
Donald J. Leske II
10909 Portland Ave, Suite-L
Tacoma WA 98445
Rentals: (253) 531-2000
Accounting: (253) 531-2600
Don’s Cell: (253) 241-6695
Fax: (253) 531.5358
any information about us on these sites because we do not
own or controll these companies. Syndication simply means
that they have agreed to POST our Listings, which in turn
gives them content on their sites. “Content is King” with
any and all companies who deal with Marketing and
Advertisement. We also have been found on other
well known sites not listed here. – Broker